FLYING WITH THE HAWK
MATTHEW HAWK ELDRIDGE
Screenwriter and Novelist
Extremely creative, passionate, well-rounded writer with proficient grammar skills. Intuitive, intelligent, and investigative, with a strong passion for bringing historical and musical stories to life. A self-starter, able to work well under deadline pressures with integrity, honesty, and a strong work ethic. Vast knowledge of film, television, screenplays, novels, short stories, and script-analysis. Top-selling novelist, award-winning writer, columnist, songwriter, musician, producer, actor, and teacher.
Strong Grammatical Skills / Extremely Creative / Fast Writer / Intuitive / Fervor for History & Music
Skilled on Final Draft, Microsoft Word, Celtx, Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro, Cubase, and others.
- Valedictorian, Advanced Achievement Award, Course Director Awards
- Author of three independent novels, each reaching the #1 Best Seller in its category via Amazon.
- Monthly editorial columnist for the online magazine, Almost an Author, awarded as one of the top 100 websites for writers by Writer’s Digest.
- Editorials published with national magazines, Relevant, CBN, and Christianity Today.
- 2ndPlace Winner of the international essay writing competition for The Fountain Magazine, 2017.
- Songwriter, composer, and SAG-e performer for the film, Boy Erased, starring Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe, directed by Joel Edgerton.
- BMI affiliated songwriter with a number of original songs recorded and performed.
- Screenplay, The Bless Me Club, optioned by an award-winning producer.
- Original song, Never Be the Same, included on a Peter Frampton produced, nationally released CD.
Universal/ Lionsgate/ CW/ WB/ Lifetime/ 20thCentury Fox (2009 - current)
Actor/ Musician/ Double/ Stand-In
Memorized lines, actions, blocking, or songs, and performed in almost thirty major films under acclaimed directors.
- Principal actor in the film, Boy Erased, starring Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe, directed by Joel Edgerton (Universal Pictures) by writing and performing a song and delivering lines to enhance a pivotal, emotional scene in the film.
- Guitarist and band leader in the film Pitch Perfect Three, starring Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, and John Lithgow, directed by Trish Sie (Universal Pictures) by playing guitar and directing a twenty-five piece orchestra to enhance the final performance scene of the film with backing up the Bellas.
- Off Camera reader and actor in the film, First Man, directed by Damien Chazelle (Universal Pictures),by running lines with Ryan Gosling to enhance his performance for the film while strapped in a rocket.
- Double and stand-in on The Hunger Games Trilogyby performing action shots as the character Finnick to enhance production quality and save time when the character didn’t have any lines.
Crossroads United Methodist Church (2007-2008)
Director of Worship and Youth
Produced all aspects of the look and sound of the weekly worship service and developed the youth program.
- Directed a large band of musicians by choosing songs for Sunday morning worship, arranging the musical portions, and hosting weekly practices to have a tight, polished, professional, unified band for congregational worship.
- Preached weekly sermons by researching scriptures and writing sermon notes for the youth program to enhance their spiritual growth.
- Produced the visual media look of the weekly service by writing, developing, and designing sermon videos, interviews, and worship backdrops.
Rock-It Television, The Trinity Broadcast Network (2003-2005)
Writer, Producer, Director, Talent
Wrote and Produced the weekly Christian rock and rap television show airing on 466 stations worldwide.
- Aired interviews of the hottest Christian bands by researching the band’s history and formulating questions to develop in-depth, inquisitive answers and gain viewer interest.
- Recorded interviews on tour buses or green rooms by researching the most inviting soundproof location to offer the most visually stimulating, non-disruptive, audience-enticing environment.
- Directed crew and talent before, during, and after interviews by implementing an itinerary to follow to have the most productive, vision-driven segments for airing.
- Produced commercial content by writing, shooting, and editing material to air as sponsorships for the program.
West Port High School Magnet Center for the Arts (2002-2005)
High School Teacher
Taught high school Video Production, Digital Animation, and Intensive Language Arts, implementing lesson plans and recording student work.
- Assisted students in writing, producing, and editing various levels of production, from news stories to features, television, screenplays and audio production by implementing curriculum to enhance their understanding of the television and video production world.
- Increased student’s FCAT scores by implementing reading and comprehension strategies using popular literature to all passing scores by the end of the year.
- Nominated for Rookie Teacher of the Year by producing an outstanding, award winning program to the top program in the county and winning multiple awards at regional and state levels.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing, Valedictorian, Advanced Achievement Award
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Bachelor of Social Work, Dean's List
Florida Southern University, Orlando, Teacher Certification Courses